Home » , , » Dr. Oz's Sleep Slim Cherry Smoothie...I'll Try It!

Dr. Oz's Sleep Slim Cherry Smoothie...I'll Try It!


Greetings Divas and Gents! As you may or may not be aware, I have a few sleep issues. Specifically, I sleep horribly! I typically don’t have a hard time falling asleep, but I have trouble staying asleep. Most nights I wake up at or around 3 o’clock in the morning and cannot fall back asleep. Crazy! As discussed in a previous post, I am always looking for different remedies and tips that may help with my sleep issues, so imagine how excited I was when I came across Dr. Oz's Sleep Slim Cherry Smoothie. I don't know about you guys, but a smoothie that boasts better sleep and that tastes great sounds heavenly to me!

According to Dr. Oz's website, "cherries are one of the richest known sources of melatonin, the sleep hormone that recent studies have shown can also help reverse the effects of aging, while bananas contain loads of magnesium, a calming mineral. Lastly, soy milk is high in tryptophan, the sleep-inducing amino acid." Sounds like the perfect recipe for a great night's sleep! In the interest of sharing, I have provided the recipe for you all below. Be sure to check out the entire article on Dr. Oz's Website. Happy sleeping! 

Ingredients
1 Cup Tart Cherry Juice
½ Banana
½ Cup Soy Milk or 4-6 oz Soy Yogurt (if using soy yogurt, add an additional 1/2 cup fat-free milk)
5 Ice Cubes
 ¼ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract


Directions
Combine the cherry juice, banana, milk or yogurt with fat-free milk, ice and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth.

As I always say when it comes to sleep remedies, I'll try it! Have a great week!
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger