Home » , » Pedicure Protocol!

Pedicure Protocol!


Fact:
June 20, 2012, is officially the first day of summer.

Fact: 
Peep-toe pumps are awesome, and are a great addition to any summer wardrobe for the office.

Fact:
Sling-back pumps are equally as awesome as peep-toe pumps, and they make you legs look long and lean.

Fact:
Not presenting well-pedicured toes while wearing awesome peep-toe and/or sling-back pumps in the office is unprofessional and anti-sexy.

Greetings Divas! Please allow me a moment to discuss proper pedicure protocol for the office. I am usually not concerned with the status of one's feet during the winter and fall months, as they are usually hidden under amazing, closed-toe shoes. I am concerned, however, with foot presentation during the spring and summer months when toes and heels are being displayed for everyone to see.

I think we all can agree that there is nothing worse than heading to the office donning beautiful peep-toe or sling-back pumps with unkempt feet. Now, I am a firm believer that we should all take care of our feet year-round; but when the warm weather hits we must preserve our Divadom at a more fervent rate. This means smooth heels and tidy toes. With that being said, I have compiled a mini guide to keeping your feet fresh, fancy, and fabulous during the summer months. Enjoy!

Pedicure Perfection

Think SEMPP when attempting to achieve pedicure perfection, whether in a nail salon or at home:

Soak - Soak your feet in warm water and your favorite foot soak for at least 10 minutes to soften your feet and cuticles. After soaking, use cuticle oil on each nail bed to further soften your cuticles while pushing them back. You should also take this time to remove any dead skin that may have built up around the outer parts of your toe nail.

Exfoliate - Use foot scrub and a pumice stone to soften your heels, remove callouses, and tame those rough areas around your big toe.
Moisturize - Treat your freshly-exfoliated feet with a thick moisturizer. Be sure to moisturize your ankles as well...and don't forget the skin in-between your toes.

Prep - Use nail polish remover to get rid of the excess moisturizer on your toes. Break out your toe separators and get ready to apply a base coat to your toes.

Polish - After applying a base coat, apply one coat of your polish of choice to your toes. Let the first coat dry, and then apply another coat. Apply your top coat, and let your toes dry completely.

Pedicure Maintenance


Now that your feet look and feel amazing, your new purpose in life is to maintain this feeling. Maybe it's not that serious, but here are a few things you can do to maintain your pedicure for two weeks.

1. Moisturize you feet regularly. For extra moisturizing, rub a petroleum-based product onto your feet before bedtime, and wear comfy socks while sleeping. In the morning your feet will feel silky smooth!

2. Use cuticle oil on your toe nails to keep that area feeling smooth.

3. Use a foot scrub at the end of each week to further soften the bottom of your feet. 


Pedicure Protocol

Here are a few tips for ensuring that you are always putting your best foot forward while in the office...pun intended!

1. During the summer months, be sure to redo your pedicure every two weeks to ensure that your feet and toes are continuously fabulous.

2. In my experience, jazzy colors are generally okay in the office environment...funky designs, however, are not as readily acceptable. This is a general rule, and I am sure there are plenty of exceptions that vary from office to office. Be aware of your company's rules and culture when deciding on a color. And remember that a French pedicure is always a favorite!

3. Chipped or smudged polish is a no-no! Be sure to completely dry your toes after polishing, and go for a polish change if it begins to chip.

4. Take the pledge! Please raise your big toes and repeat after me:
 

As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when I wear sandals and other open toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps. 

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.
 
I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.
 
I will shave the hairs off my big toe.
 
I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.
 
If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.
 
I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.
 
I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.
 
I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals.Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.

That's all for now Divas! Be sure to pass this along to your fellow Divas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger