Home » , , , » About GymPact...the Ultimate Workout Motivator!

About GymPact...the Ultimate Workout Motivator!


How many times have you looked in the mirror and decided that it was time for you to get back in shape? How many Sunday nights have you said to yourself that starting Monday, you are going to get back in the gym and get your sexy back? And then by the following Wednesday, your workout plan and motivation to get back in shape is a distant memory. And then you start using the typical excuses that working professionals employ when they put working out on the back burner: “I had to work late”“I have to get home and make dinner”“I have to attend a networking event”“it’s Friday and I’ve had a rough week”“a client invited me to a happy hour”…blah, blah, blah! Does any of this sound familiar?

As many of you may know, I am always on the lookout for new smart phone apps that make my life easier…or those that are a fun distraction from what I’m really supposed to being doing…whatever!  In my never-ending search, I happen to come across the GymPact app for the iPhone. GymPact is the perfect app for those of us who constantly promise ourselves that we are going to work out regularly…starting Monday of course!


Here how GymPact works: every Sunday, you decide how many days you intend to work out during the upcoming week (Monday through Sunday) and you make a pact (at least one day). During the week, you use the GymPactapp to “check in” to your gym when you arrive and “check out” when you are done working out. If you choose to work out outdoors (i.e. running or cycling), you can use the RunKeeper app to record your work out…which will then sync to GymPact. If you successfully hit the gym for the amount of days you pledged to go, then GymPact will pay you. You read that right….GymPact will PAY YOU for successfully completing your pact. Nice, right?! Now on the other hand, if you fail to complete your pact for the week, you have to pay GymPact at least $5 per missed work out (you decide how much you pay per missed work out). That’s about it…really simple!

Before anyone gets excited, let me be clear that GymPactis not going to make you rich...it is merely a way to "incentivize your workout."  Last week, I made a pact to work out at least 5 days during the week. When I successfully completed my pact, I was paid $3.10…nothing earth-shattering, but knowing that I would be penalized for not completing my pact is an excellent motivator! I don’t know about any of you, but I am highly skilled in the art of talking myself out of going to the gym after a long day at work. Since starting with GymPact 4 weeks ago, however, I have successfully completely my pact 3 times (no judgment about that 4th week please!). And since GymPact only requires you to be at the gym for at least 30 minutes per check in, I really have no excuse as to why I can’t make it to the gym.

In sum, I really enjoy using GymPact as a motivational tool to get off my butt and work out…and everyone can use a little motivation, right? The one drawback is that the GymPact app is currently available only for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, so Android users are going to have to wait. But for those of you with Apple devices, check out the GymPact app on the iTunes store.

To learn more about GymPact, check out the website.

So, given my review of this app, would you try it? Let me know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger