Home » , , , , , » Quick Meals For a Busy Diva...Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon!

Quick Meals For a Busy Diva...Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon!

Photo Credit: Randy Mayor
Well, over the past month or so, I've noticed that I have been eating way too many meals outside of my home. I'm talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner! And I really can't use the excuse that I've been too busy at work to prepare meals. After all, I'm always busy at work...but I also have several recipes in my arsenal that I can prepare fairly quickly. So this week, I've decided to "check myself," and make a greater effort to cook more. And since I am always in a sharing mood, I decided to share the following recipe for Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon that I came across last year. Of course, this recipe is courtesy of my favorite food magazine/website, Cooking Light. This is a dish that I have prepared many times at home, mainly because it tastes delicious and I can prepare it quickly. It's also pretty healthy, which is always a plus. So, check out this recipe for Pineapple Teriyaki Salmon, a be sure to let me know how you like it. Enjoy!

 
Ingredients (Yields 4)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Grated orange rind (optional)

Recipe
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. 
- Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. 
- Turn fish over and place in oven; bake at 400° for 3 minutes. 
- Remove from oven; brush 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet. Return to oven, and cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. 
- Sprinkle with orange rind, if desired.

How many of you are frequent home cooks? About how long do you typically spend preparing your meals?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger