Home » , , » Bridge To 10K...Week One!

Bridge To 10K...Week One!

Greetings Divas and Gents! And welcome to Thursday! Or as I like to call it, Almost Friday! Not only am I excited that the weekend is here, but I am pleased to report that I have completed Week One of the Bridge To 10K program! Yes, I know I have a long way to go, but I have decided that I am going to celebrate each week until I finish.

As you may recall, I completed the Couch To 5K program last week, and decided to continue on with the Bridge To 10K program. I received such positive feedback from you all last week, much of which came from those who are currently doing the either the Couch To 5K or the Bridge To 10K program or who are thinking of starting one of the programs. I also received an email from a long-time reader suggesting that I publish periodic updates as I progress through the Bridge To 10K program to serve as a forum for conversation...so here I go! Week One is in the books, and here's what I have to say about it:

 
This Week's Workouts: This week's three workouts consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk...followed by 4 repetitions of 10 minutes running and 1 minute of brisk walking...and concluding with a 5 minute cool down.

Average Workout Time: Each of the three workouts are identical, and take 53 minutes to complete...warm up and cool down included!

The Pro Diva's Reaction: Well...I'm here to blog about it, so that means I haven't passed out from exhaustion! Honestly, the runs weren't that bad. The total workout is a bit longer than the C25K workouts, but it was totally doable! I did the first workout on Sunday morning on an empty stomach, which is never a great idea...but I finished it! I completed the second workout on Tuesday afternoon after work, which was a little tough because I was already exhausted from working all day...but I finished it! Finally, I finished the third workout this afternoon after work, which was dreadful because I did strength training yesterday. I'm a little irritated that my body hurts this bad...but I finished it! Barely!

In sum, Week One was okay. I kind of feel a little good about myself! There were plenty of times this week when I tried to talk myself out of going to the gym, but I guess I'm not as convincing as I once was. One week down, 5 to go!

Next Week: Next week's three workouts will consist of a 5 minute warm up walk...followed by 3 repetitions of 15 minutes running and 1 minute of brisk walking...and concluding with a 5 minute cool down. God willing, I'll be back here next Friday to share my thoughts. You come back too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger