Home » , , » Couch To 5K....Done!!!

Couch To 5K....Done!!!

Greetings Divas and Gents! Today is a great day, as I am happy to report that I have completed the Couch to 5K Program!!! Over the past 9 weeks I have steadily worked at completing the program, and I finally completed the 5K run today...I am ridiculously proud of myself! I feel stronger, I can run faster and further, and I dropped 10 pounds! Pow!

For those of you who don't know, the Couch to 5K Program (C25K) is designed to help anyone go from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks. The programs starts you off with walking/running intervals, and slowly builds you up to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes. The program is designed to give you 3 great workouts per week over the 9 week period. The great thing about this program is that you do not have to be "in shape" to be successful. You can literally hop off the couch and start the program. Nine weeks later, you'll be running like you wouldn't believe...seriously!

Another great thing about this program is that there are tons of smart phone apps for the C25K program, which give you the benefit of a "personal coach" telling you when to walk and when to run. In between the coaching, the program plays music you have stored on your device. My program allowed me to create playlists...and you know I did! Overall, I love the C25K Program, and I highly recommend it to those of you looking for a way to get in shape and build endurance. 


Now that we've got the business out of the way, let me tell you all the real reason why I love this program...it fits wonderfully into my busy schedule. The longest workout lasts 40 minutes, which didn't happen until Week 9. It's perfect for Professional Divas who have hectic schedule, but who still want to get a great workout.

Next up...Bridge to 10K! I'll let you all know how it goes...in 9 weeks!

Have any of you completed a C25K or similar running program? If you haven't, would you consider it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger