Home » , , » My Happy Playlist

My Happy Playlist


Greetings Divas and Gents! And welcome to the beginning of what I anticipate will be a productive and fruitful week. The beginning of the work week is often a challenge for many, especially after having two days off. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been trying something new that I originally hoped would lift my spirits each morning. In addition to reading my daily scripture and saying a long audible prayer while driving to work, I have created a playlist on my iPod with tracks that make me happy. Okay, let me explain…

As a self-proclaimed Professional Diva, I tend to stress a lot. My life is extremely busy, and I often stress about not having enough time in the day to do all the things I need to do. How many of you have felt this way? It is definitely not a great feeling. As I mentioned a few months back in Stress and the Professional Woman, stress can have negative effects on your mental, physical, and emotional health. I personally have been greatly cognizant of my stress levels, and I have actively worked to reduce them when I feel a mental breakdown coming on. In comes my iPod!

One thing you all should know about me is that I am motivated by music. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to use my love of music to help me combat stress. As such, I created a Happy Playlist where I added songs that make me feel happy when I hear them…no explanation needed. If it makes me happy, it made the playlist. Once I completed my playlist, I made it a point to listen to a few of these tracks during my drive to work…after my long audible prayer of course!

The results: I feel more relaxed and happier once I arrive to work. And I am calmer, which is huge! That being said, I challenge each of my fellow Professional Divas to create a Happy Playlist to start your morning off right. Simply select those songs that make you feel happy when you hear them, add them to a playlist, and crank them up before you start working. It is a great way to mellow out…sought of like the calm before the storm. I like to think that this type of calm allows me to get through the storm more gracefully than I would have…whatever works! 

Check out a sample of some of the song on my Happy Playlist below!



1. Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley (Classic, smooth, reggae!)
2. Ladies Night (Treat Her Like Heaven) – R. Kelly (Great to step to!)
3. Run the World – Jennifer Lopez (Love the lyrics!)
4. Get Up – Mary Mary (Inspirational!)
5. D.J. Got Us Falling In Love - Usher (I do the Cabbage Patch to this one!)


6. Doctor Love – First Choice (8 minutes long...totally worth it!)
7. Rocketeer – Far East Movement (Convertible top down beat!)
8. You Be Killin’ ‘Em - Fabolous (I hear this in my head while I'm walking!)
9. Because of You – Ne-Yo (It's Ne-Yo...he's great!)
10. What’s My Name? – Rihanna (Don't judge me!)

What songs make you feel happy when you hear them? Would you consider making a Happy Playlist?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger