Home » , , , » Martini Break!!!

Martini Break!!!

Blueberry Pomegranate Martini


Over the past few weeks, I have been experimenting with smoothie making. I found a great app for my iPad that provides tons of healthy smoothie recipes. I was excited! So excited that I jumped in my ride, headed to Target, and purchased a whole freezer full of frozen fruits and vegetables. 

Since that day, I’ve been a blending fool! I’ve made orange-mango smoothies, raspberry-blueberry smoothies, strawberry-peach smoothies…..all kinds of smoothies. I’ve approached smoothie making the same way I approach martini making: mixing and matching a variety of flavors to create different variations of a great drink. I think they called it permutations in math class...


In any event, I really enjoy experimenting in smoothie making, and it has helped me to craft new and exciting martini recipes. As such, I hope that you will enjoy the Blueberry Pomegranate Martini, which is a variation of the delicious blueberry-pomegranate smoothie that I concocted in my kitchen last week. It's really good! Let me know what you think!


Ingredients
2 oz of Your Favorite Vodka

1 oz of Pomegranate Juice (100% Juice)

1 oz of Pomegranate Liqueur

1 Cup of Fresh Blueberries

Fresh Blueberries (for garnish)

Ice



Recipe

- In a blender, puree blueberries. Mixture should be smooth and pourable.

- In a shaker, combine ice, juice, liqueur, vodka, and blueberry mixture. Shake!

- Strain mixture into a chilled martini glass.

- Stack 4 blueberries on a cocktail toothpick, and lay ever so gently in your martini.


Voila! Interested in the smoothie recipe? Combine 1 cup of pure pomegranate juice, 1 cup of frozen blueberries, and ¼ cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt in a blender, and blend! For an extra healthy kick, add two tablespoons of wheat germ. Enjoy your martini….and your smoothie! Drink Responsibly!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger