Martini Break!!!


The Passion Fruit Mojito Martini

Good Evening Divas! I trust that your Memorial Day Weekend was as fabulous as mine! In fact, my Memorial Day Weekend was special for so many reasons. For one, I celebrated by 3-Year wedding anniversary on May 30th (Love You Baby!). I also celebrated Boss Lady’s birthday on May 28th (My Momma!). And then, my parents’ wedding anniversary was on May 31st. It was a weekend full of reasons to celebrate!

Also this weekend, I forced requested that my aunt host a barbeque at her house on Memorial Day, complete with hot dogs, hamburgers, and……watermelon!  Lucky for me, she obliged! At most family events, I am usually the de facto bartender (for obvious reasons). It is at this barbeque that the inspiration for this week’s martini recipe came about. As I was mixing up some tasty summer drinks for my family members, I happened upon a bottle of passion fruit rum….I sure did! And with this find comes this evening’s martini……the Passion Fruit Mojito Martini.

This one should be easy….if you can find passion fruit flavored rum. In the event that you do, try this!

Ingredients
3 Mint Leaves
2 oz Light Rum
2 oz Passion Fruit Rum
1 oz Lime Juice
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
Ice
Lime Wedges for Garnish

Recipe
1. In a martini shaker, muddle mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice for about 2 minutes.
2. Add Light Rum, Passion Rum, and ice. Shake!
3. Strain mixture into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish with a Lime.

There you go…nice and simple! Enjoy! Special thanks to my fabulous aunt Yolanda Slocombe for agreeing to host the barbeque. My stomach thanks you! Drink Responsibly!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger