Home » , , » 7 More Ways to Start Saving Money......NOW!!!

7 More Ways to Start Saving Money......NOW!!!



A few months back, I present 7 Quick Ways to Start Saving Money…Now.  I received a plethora of positive feedback from you Divas…so much in fact that I decided to present 7 More Ways to Start Saving Money…Now! These are just a few more things that are sure to save you a few dollars, and allow you to add to your bank account. So no more excuses! Start saving….NOW!

1. Skip the Coffee Shops – I recently read an article on My Thirty Spot that shared an easy way to prepare the perfect iced coffee (Get the Article Here!). It got me to thinking just how much money us Divas spend in coffee shops each year. If you cut your visits to the coffee shop in half, you’d be surprised at how much you can save. Not convinced? Then check this out: Let’s assume that a Short Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks costs $3.50….that’s $17.50 per work week….and $910 per year! If you cut your visits in half, you can save $455 each year. Did I do my math correctly? In any event, that $455 would look really good in your savings account!

2. Do Your Own ‘Do – Growing up I was one of those Divas who’s accustomed to visiting the hair salon once a week for an old fashioned shampoo, deep conditioning, and roller set. That was until I went away to college, and needed to hold on to the money my parents would send me every month. I always had a talent for doing my own hair. In college, I used this talent to do my own hair…and many of the women on my campus. 

As I entered Corporate America, I fell back into my weekly visits. Needless to say, a weekly visit to the hair salon isn’t the most frugal activity. As such, I recently ventured into the beauty supply store, and purchased a new hard top hair dryer, rollers, and setting lotion. Instead of going to the hair salon every week, I go every four weeks. In between time, I do my own hair. My initial investment in supplies: $70. Amount saved: about $90 per month….or $1,080 per year….need I say more!

3. Skip the French Manicure/Pedicure – And while we’re talking about beauty savings, let talk about our spending habits in the nail salon. In the Summer, many nails salons run a special where you can get a mani/pedi for one low price. This special flies out the window as soon as you start adding "extras" to your tab. The most common “extra” is the French Manicure and Pedicure. Isn’t it amazing how that little white line across your nude nail polish can add up to $20 to your Summer special. How do you save money? Skip the French Manicure and Pedicure. Pick a solid, yet pretty, color, and ride it out until your next visit. Amount saved: approximately $40 per month.  

4. Be a Circular Stalker – This is an easy one. Check out the weekly supermarket circulars before you do your grocery shopping. I usually stalk the weekly deals for Stop & Shop, Pathmark, and Shop Rite (as these are the supermarkets in my neighborhood). Whichever has the better deals that week, I’m there! A very simple thing to save a few bucks.

5. Reuse Your Grocery Store Bags – When you’re on your way to the supermarket, grab some of your previously-used shopping bags or reusable canvas bags. Many supermarkets offers instant rebates for each bag you reuse. Some offer as much a $1 per bag! This is a no-brainer! And eco-friendly!

6. Walk – Summer is here, and the weather is warm. Leave your car in the driveway and walk to you nearby destinations. I like the “1 Mile Rule,” which encourages you to walk to any destination within 1 mile of your starting point, if reasonable. Not only will this save gas money, but it’s also great exercise!

7. Have a Yard Sale – While people are out walking to their destinations, wouldn’t it be great to entice them with your some of your old treasures? As I mentioned in my previous article, we all have an abundance of items in our home that we do not use, nor do we intend to use them. As the old saying goes, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Have a yard sale, and catch those walkers!

And there you have it! Some of these tips may work for you, and some may not. Pick and choose as you please. Also, feel free to share some of you money saving secrets below. Happy Savings!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger