Home » , , , » The Serenity Prayer Is So On Point!!!

The Serenity Prayer Is So On Point!!!



Greetings Divas and Gents! I hope that you all had a great Labor Day Weekend. My weekend was awesome! So awesome, in fact, that I was rested and ready to start work this week. Additionally, I was reminded of something last night that somehow relaxed me. The Serenity Prayer has always been one of my favorites. For those of you who are not familiar, the prayer goes a little something like this:

God, grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.


The Serenity Prayer has always touched me. I have turned to it several times in both my personal and professional life, and it has somehow brought me peace. It's kind of like my recipe for life. My own little way of relaxing, relating, and releasing. Whatever works right?!

The truth is that in life, we encounter countless obstacles. I truly believe that in order to maintain a semblance of sanity, we must accept the fact that we are not always in the position to change these obstacles…but when we are, we should have the courage to change them! The trick, however, is to be wise enough to know the difference...a wisdom I believe comes as you encounter life.

The moral of this short diatribe is to encourage you not to be crippled by those things that you have no control over...accept them. I also encourage you to make an impact, and change those things that you can. This may seem overly simple, but it really does help me overcome some of those…obstacles. In sum, the Serenity Prayer always manages to bring me serenity.

What helps you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger