Home » , , » Chronicle Quickie…Get Your Sneaker Game Right!!!

Chronicle Quickie…Get Your Sneaker Game Right!!!

Quick question: How many of you resolved to get back in shape in 2012? I suspect that many of my fellow Professional Divas have ventured to their favorite department stores to purchase that perfect workout outfit and accompanying sneakers. And why not! Sweating it out at the gym is no reason to skimp on fabulousness, right?



My workout of choice over the past few years has been running. It’s a great workout for me because I can cover a lot of calorie-burning ground in a short amount of time. If any of you have taken up running in an attempt to get back in shape, I wanted to give you a quick sneaker tip to ensure that you are maximizing your workout and protecting yourself from injury.



Reebok RunTone: My shoe of choice!
Did you know that running in worn-out sneakers can increase the tension and stress on your legs, knees, and joints, which can lead to a multitude of injuries? No bueno! The key to minimizing the risk of injury is to replace your running shoes once they have lost cushioning and stability. Now, how do you know when it’s time to replace your running shoes? Well for one, listen to your body. Are you experiencing foot cramps, muscle fatigue and/or joint pain? Then it may be time for some new kicks! If you are fortunate enough to not to feel any discomfort, you should still replace your running shoes every 300 miles.



Fortunately, I am one of those runners who can physically feel when new sneakers are in order…or maybe that’s not necessarily a good thing. What I mean is that my body promptly notifies me when my sneakers have had it. For those of you who do not experience physical symptoms of worn shoes, there are many run tracking websites and smartphone apps that can help you keep track of your running mileage. Once you start approaching that 300 mile mark, start looking for some new sneakers.


In the spirit of sharing……..have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Professional Diva - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger